Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good Morning


It has been a whirlwind of activity at our house these last few weeks. Classes, studying, homework, writing, plus having a bit of a life...whew! Sleep is highly overrated and much desired! Just when I think I could sleep the day away, my mind begins to spin the next scene of the book I'm working on. Well, you know I won't be able to sleep until I get it down on paper (or at least on hard drive).
Which is why I was awake as the sun began to brighten the Upper Peninsula sky. It is truly a beautiful sight to see the sun coming up. This morning it was a brilliant orange with lines of lavender, blue and pink radiating off of it causing the lake to reflect the colors in the deep blue water. Of course, I didn't have my camera ready. I simply took a moment (or three) to enjoy the sight.
Yes, I am often in awe at the beauty that surrounds me here in my little cottage. From the lakes to the forest, the wonders never cease. Late spring and early summer, you'll find me on our patio with a drink of some sort, just being in the moment. I've seen a little gray fox and a porcupine in my backyard. They never venture too far from the cover of the woods, but just far enough for me to catch a glimpse.
The ultimate sight was a bald eagle perched in the birch tree in my front yard last spring. I was on my way out with one of the canine kids when I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I could only stand and stare in amazement. Later on, we counted at least 8 of these magnificent beings flying over the lake. It was my first sighting and it left me feeling extremely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment