Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


It is that time of year again. The time when women are hoping and waiting for their darlings to give them goodies. Whether it is jewelry, candy, flowers or dinner out (sometimes all of it), as women we can be a greedy lot. That sounds pretty bad, I know, but I realized yesterday just how much I really want it all.
I have been with the same man for the last (almost) 20 years of my life. He's worked hard so that I didn't have to. He dutifully brought home his paycheck and handed it to me to pay the bills. Now, I'm not saying I didn't do a lot, I'm merely saying that I may have taken him for granted. I cooked, cleaned, payed the bills and run the errands. Was it as hard as standing on my feet for 8-10 hours a day for sometimes 6 or 7 days a week? Not by any means. 
What did my darling husband ask for in return? Nothing. Dinner wasn't expected to be on the table when he walked through the door at night. He didn't nitpick if the carpet hadn't been swept or there was dust on the television. He simply did what he did without asking for anything.
I've heard a lot of housewives/domestic goddesses complain about their husband's demands. Is it really his demands or are the demands your own? We don't have kids to run everywhere so I haven't had to deal with that drama. I really think the kids probably demand more than the husbands do. Or maybe I'm just extremely lucky. No, there's no maybe to it. I AM extremely lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment