Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Feel Special


I want to share something special with you. Last night, I was sitting on the sofa with my husband who was playing with his Kindle Fire. Or so I thought. Whatever he was doing, he was intense. Normally he plays games on it, talking (or yelling) at the Kindle as he plays. But not last night. Last night, he was being awfully quiet (and if you have a man in your life, you know that that isn't always good.)
I was working on some promo stuff for the new book and not paying as much attention as I should. He looked at me and said, "I'm on Chapter 2." I looked up from the laptop and said, "Huh?" (Don't I sound intelligent? LOL) "Chapter 2. I'm reading your book." After I picked my mouth up off the floor, I could only stare at him.
Let me explain: I'm married to a man (whom I love dearly) who avoids most books like the plague. If he can listen to it or watch it, he is all over it, but to pick up a book? I've only seen it happen on extremely rare occasions. I believe he says he's read the first 4 (and 1/2 of the 5th) books in the Harry Potter series. I also know for a fact that he has read The Thief of Always by Clive Barker a few times. But a romance? Never!!
Then, he returns his attention back to MY book. He made it quite a ways into the story and then he turned to me, "What were the bullets filled with?" I was able to smile and told him to keep reading. He did and when he discovered the mysterious ingredient, I got a smile. Apparently, I did a good job in my choice.
He eventually put the book down and we had a discussion...ABOUT A BOOK!!!! I've been waiting for 20 years for this to happen!
*rubs chin* Hmmm...maybe I should have done with whole "getting published" thing sooner!
I hope you enjoy it as much as my darling husband is. According to him, it is quite "readable and leaves you wanting to know more." That's the best review I could ever ask for!!
If you've picked up Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart, drop me a line at gemmakmurray@gmail.com and tell me what you think. I'm working on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th book in The Cedar River series with a possible spin off.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment