Sunday, March 4, 2012

Learning as I Go


Patience...something I have very little of, but need a tremendous amount of. I'm pacing the floor (in my mind) with trepidation, excitement and fear.
If you follow me here, then you know I signed a new contract in late January. I don't have a release date yet, but we're working on it. All the edits are turned in and now I'm waiting. And waiting. And waiting. (See where the need for patience comes in?)
It's not as if I don't have things to do. Mid-term exams are quickly approaching. The house could definitely use a thorough cleaning. My "to be read" pile is out of control. But my mind keeps going back to this new book and "shouldn't I be doing something"?
Then, it happened! A lightning bolt shot out of the blue (okay, I was playing games on Facebook)! My friend, Lesli/Tymber, put up a post about this new book she has out. Well, if I can trust anyone, I trust Lesli/Tymber. She tells you exactly like it is whether it's what you want to hear or not. Anyhoo, her book is entitled, Pimp Yourself: Easy, Painless, and Cheap Self-Promotion for Writers. I've downloaded it to my Kindle and opened the first chapter. Because she doesn't pull any punches, I've learned from my friend that I'm behind in my promotions! EEK! Seriously? But there is still hope for me! I can get myself out there for people to see.
So this week, I'm on a mission: First, I'm going to set up a Facebook account. Second, A Twitter account (I hate Twitter, but I'll do what I must). Third, I'll finish reading Pimp Yourself. Of course, I'll also continue working on the next book in the series (I'm 14, 000 words in) and study! Oh, and I'll probably have to take a break to clean because, honestly? For two people, this house is horrendous. Not Hoarders bad, just bad!
Alright all! I'll keep you up to date on the book when I have information, but for now, you can see I'm trying to promote...ME! I'll probably post things where I offend people, but I'm not doing it intentionally. I'm very vocal about what I believe in.
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment