Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Beautiful Weather


  
Two weeks ago, I woke up to this. It's beautiful as can be, but it makes getting around a little more difficult. We can do it, but I prefer to hibernate during weather like this. I curl up inside and read (or write),  only going outside when the dogs need to go.
Yesterday was gorgeous out. We took a little trip to one of our favorite places. We went to Escanaba. While all of the ice is off the water here, we noticed a sheet of ice over the water in the marina. A little unbelievable with the weather we've been having.
  
I got out and took a few pictures as we stopped at the park. This is The Lighthouse Museum. Isn't she a stunning building? I love lighthouses anyway, but this one is special:)
 
I know, I know, I know. You're probably thinking, "What on earth is she thinking? That is hideous." I saw this ship on a previous trip (when I didn't have my camera) and thought how strong and proud she must have been in her day. I'll bet she was quite majestic as she would cut through the water with her full crew. If you close your eyes while you're standing there, I would bet you could almost hear the crew calling to one another from a day long ago.
We also stopped off at Sayklly's for our chocolate fix. Be careful if you order candy from this place! It has a way of being addicting!! *grin* I'm addicted to their milk chocolate raspberry whip and the English toffee. We won't even talk about the sea salt caramels! *eyes roll in ecstasy* But yesterday they had something new. I'm talking mind-blowing new...milk chocolate candies filled with vanilla buttercream and topped with just the right amount of sea salt. *steps up to podium* My name is Gemma K. and I am a chocaholic!
Then, there is The Record Rack. It's a store that sells pre-owned DVDs, video games, music, etc. The coolest couple owns it and you can always find something new in their bins. I have a hubby with a DVD addiction, but with these prices, I can't complain. If you have a chance, pop in and see the variety of goodies that they have for purchase.
I'm going to post the links on My Favorite Things page so you will always be able to find them. I just wanted to share a little bit of my Spring Break adventures with you. I hope you had a smidgen of the fun I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment