Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Mother's Day...it's just another day at my house. The canine kids, much as I love them, are missing the opposable thumbs needed to make me those neat Mother's Day cards/gifts most moms get. Breakfast consisted of Diesel and I sharing a package of Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pop Tarts and orange juice. (Which is fine by me!) My darling hubby does usually grill out so I'll give him credit for making me a Mother's Day dinner. (Love you, babe.)
My mom lives in Canada so having her over to spend the day...well, it's just not going to happen. My grandma passed away almost 12 years ago so I happen to know she won't be joining us (physically) for dinner. However, I know they're both with me in spirit. I can feel their love.

Today, also, would have been my grandpa's 78 birthday. I used to make him a cherry pie every year.

 
This is me and my poppa back in 1973 (according to the picture). He used to give me "rides" on the footrest of his recliner. I'd hold onto his feet so I wouldn't fall. (wipes a tear) I miss him. He was the one member of my family who never looked at me like I was crazy, if I said something off the wall. He'd smile and nod. He was the one person (besides my husband) who completely "got" me. He once told me I could be anything I wanted. Neither of us imagined I'd be here...a published author! Happy Birthday, Poppa!! *blowing kisses*
So, I'm going to keep this post short for today. Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! Whether your children are human or animal, they're your kids and you're their mom. Enjoy your day wrapped up in the arms (or paws, fins, etc.) of your loved ones. Hold them tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment