Sunday, August 19, 2012

A View From Paradise...or Close To It


I went out to take pictures last weekend & ended up with two entire rolls of, well, nothing. I picked up my pictures and had two rolls of black. Nothing on any of them. Pissed me off! So, my darlin' hubby and I went out to take more pics for you with my trusty digital camera.
The marina was full and the beaches were pretty empty. Being the people we are, it was our kind of day:) The water was calm, which isn't nearly as pretty as when it's a windy day, but I made do with what I had. Can any of you understand why I love living where I do?
For some reason, it has always been important to me to live near the woods and the water. We lived in Pennsylvania. Our house was in the woods with a beautiful creek running through my front yard. (I'll post pictures some time.) When we moved here, my husband came up on his own and worked for a month before I could move up here with the dogs. He had to find the house on his own & I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. He told me about this little cottage and I was really unsure. I'd never been to the UP before so I didn't know what to expect. We crossed Big Mac and tears filled my eyes. There was some part of this place that sang my heart's song. Four hours after crossing the bridge, we pulled into our new home. My heart skipped a beat because my hubby did very well. He proved to me that he knows me better than I thought.
So, this is my view of paradise. If you've ever seen the movie "Escanaba in Da Moonlight", the narrator tells the viewer that he lives "nort' of the bridge and a little sout' of heaven." I didn't believe it until I came here, but the only way you're going to closer to heaven is by dying.
I've started a Pinterest page for those who want to check it out. You can find me here: http://pinterest.com/gemmakmurray/
I hope you enjoy my pictures and you can see where the inspiration for Cedar River comes from. It certainly isn't hard to write a story set in the beauty of the Upper Peninsula.
Blessings on you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment