Sunday, August 12, 2012

Paranormal Fun with Aithne Jarretta


I want to introduce all of you to a lovely author. Her name is Aithne Jaretta and she writes paranormal romance. I'll let her take over from here:
Thank you Gemma for hosting me on your blog. I’ll admit up front that I tend to be a little funky. The supernatural has always fascinated me—even before it was cool. ;) Writing came later in my adult life. My first story was a paranormal romance novel titled Concentric Circles: Twin Sparks of Love. Then a couple of short stories followed. Last February I published Claire: the Lost Fae. (novella) CC & CtLF are connected like family tree branches because Claire is actually Shayla’s mom. (It was fun writing mom and daughters as heroines in two different books.)
Now, my learning progression has included designing ebook interiors and how to put together a print edition. I admit that these processes have slowed my writing down, but it has been worth the experience. But I’m back on track and reenergizing the story process. (Just released Enchanted Ravensong: Charmed Evermore and I’m working on a time travel miniseries.) Note: Enchanted Ravensong isn’t a romance because it focuses on protagonist helping a spirit get justice for her murder.
Family members either love my stories or don’t. My sons avoid mom’s writing. Lol I’m amused by this and sometimes tease them. My number one fan is my daughter-in-law.
I was so worried about my family and how they would look at my writing since it isn't the contemporary romance they enjoy. I've learned my family is not reading what I THOUGHT they were reading. In fact, a lot of them are reading my paranormal romance:) Too funny!



Blurb- Solitary CLAIRE BRINAWELL moves from place to place chased by the forces of darkness. Even in slumber when dreaming usually fills the mind and soul with beauty, a hateful hound from Hades finds his way in with deadly intentions. Claire isn't safe anywhere.
LEESON, Worthy Prince of Baderon in Annwn, lives Earthside of the magical Annwn veil. He has been sent to find Claire. Triumphant in his first skirmish with the darkside, they must return to San Francisco's sacred pyramid. But Leeson discovers Claire has a mind of her own. Leeson's stubbornness meets Claire's feisty determination.
Claire must reach deep within herself, acknowledge her magical power and admit that using magic is the only way to defeat the wicked Hades Hounds. Will they unite in purpose and free Claire of her daemons?
Novella - Word Count: 38,382
Excerpt- This excerpt is taken from Claire: the Lost Fae, [3]  Insights of the Heart

"Thank you for saving my life," Claire said. "Why do I get the impression you're about to request something scary? This is one of those times when an incomplete Insight can be unnerving."
"They want you," Leeson said in a matter-of-fact tone edged with purpose. "I think we should give false information about your location and then wait for them to attack."
She inhaled a long slow breath while gazing into his eyes.
No one spoke. They waited for her response.
Finally, Claire nodded. "Not to be pushy, but I'll only agree if everyone is careful. I don't want anyone getting hurt on my account."
"That's doable," Katrina said.
Leeson placed palms flat on the table top. "Let me be clear," he insisted with steely determination. Every muscle in his body roared with magical tenacity while he stared at Katrina. "The information about Claire's location will be completely false."
"Leeson." Claire wanted to break through his ferociousness.
"Is that clear, Rina?" he asked and leaned closer to make his point.
"Crystal," Katrina said. "You don't have to convince me otherwise."
"Leeson," Grace urged firmly. "Give up your preconceived notions. You shouldn't doubt Katrina's sincerity. She wants to help."
An unexpected urge rose in Claire. She touched his arm and eased ruffled male emotions with gentle magic. "You said I have Insight. Do you believe that?"
He caressed the inside of her wrist with a feather soft touch, and then took her hand. Their fingers entwined intimately while he gazed into her heart and soul.
Gentle strength emanated in his tender expression.
That was how she saw him; a fiercely protective warrior, and a man not quite ready to admit the sensations journeying though their joined hands.
She placed her other hand over his heart. "Do you believe?" she asked while his breathing and pulse increased.
"Yes," he murmured.
"Then believe I can see that Katrina is here to help."
His emotionally facetted eyes did not blink.
She leaned nearer and allowed his breath to whisper longing across her skin. "Please," she said low, the word meant only for him.
His strong fingers combed through her hair. Never before had she experienced such an intimate joining than these precious moments.
Heart pounding, Claire knew their closeness supercharged the mood in the room. She surrendered to the intimate potency and brushed his lips with eagerness.
A deep groan and Leeson returned the kiss with heady urgency.
Claire allowed his kiss to consume every doubt and build a blushing foundation of future potential.
After long moments she drew back.
"Well that was interesting," Katrina remarked. "Definitely a unique way to change the subject."

Now for some fun:
Ten Tantalizing Teasers-
Plotter or Pantser? Lol! I prefer ‘flying in the mist’ since my favorite genre to write is paranormal/supernatural.
Which Goddess best defines you? Athena – Wisdom and Warrioress
Favorite Dessert? Devil’s Food Cake ;)
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Favorite scent?  Lavender
Coffee, tea, soda, or water? This question actually has a great deal to do with mood. Sometimes I enjoy a nice pot of coffee, enhanced with coconut milk and chilled. That’s a super pick-me-up because of the caffeine and coconut milk is a natural energy drink. (I use the organic milk) Tea is a good relaxer after a long night at my non-writing job. I drink soda only when there’s no good coffee. ;) Last, but never least… I drink more than the 8 glasses of water per day. There’s a little known advantage of water—it’s a natural pain reliever and eases fibromyalgia. (which I have)
Do you have to set the mood to write? If so, how? Sometimes. When I need to set a mood I listen to music. It depends on the story what kind of music. For example, when I wrote Claire: the Lost Fae, I listened to classic rock, but for my recent release, Enchanted Ravensong: Charmed Evermore, the music shifted between rock and mystical New Age. The New Age seemed to help with the raven aspect of one character. (Ruby)
Do you have a favorite character? Why?  Yes. ;)  But I must be honest and admit that he has never been a ‘main’ character in one of my stories. It’s because he is what I like to call an instigator.  His name is Black Bryan Chilkwell and he is an immortal Fae Prince, the paternal head of the Chilkwell family and my frequent muse. He makes brief appearances in Concentric Circles and at the very end of Claire: the Lost Fae.
Morning, afternoon, evening, or late night writer? ;) Anytime! Lol That’s because ideas often pop into my head at the strangest times. I’ve learned to accept them when they do because those tiny ideas frequently become my favorite parts of a story.  In CtLF, I followed a bubble—over a rainbow.
Currently, I’m working on a series of short stories that focus on time travel. Method of traveling through time: an artifact touched. That’s easy. Then ‘lady slipper’ whispered through my mind. Why? I asked my muse. The answer came through loud and clear—to ground a traveler if they choose. Why would a traveler choose to be grounded? Love.
All that information came through while I was away from my writing desk. I’m lucky enough that I was able to pause what I was doing and work through the process. It’s amazing to be on such a free spirit time table.
If you weren’t writing, what would be your occupation? Well, I’ve done just about everything. Of course there’s the mom job. I’ve teased my eldest son and told him I’m retired. Naturally disgruntled over such an idea, he disagreed and he’s absolutely right. Besides, that opens the window to grandma status. ;) Yes, that’s a red hat I wear proudly.
All things considered, every job I’ve ever had, the education I’ve accumulated, and each experience led me to one destination—writing stories for entertainment. That’s my occupation and I Love it.
Aithne Jarretta
I want to thank Aithne for stopping by to visit with us today. I had so much fun with her and her interview. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment