Monday, November 12, 2012

The Holiday Rush


My life feels as if it is spinning out of control. I was trying to do NaNoWriMo plus go to school full-time plus all the at home stuff that needs to be done. Let's just say it  isn't working out very well. LOL Somewhere along the way, I got lost. It may be working on 5 books at once. I'm working on Book 3 for Cedar River, Book 1 in the new series, my children/YA book, plotting out another new series plus a contemporary romance. I may have lost focus :)

So...I'm going to finish Book 3 first. That is the most important one right now. I have to prioritize.
Preparations for the holiday season are underway here. I spent 2 days roasting pumpkins and pureeing the innards to put in the freezer. Nothing like fresh pumpkin for pies :) Our duck is in the freezer (we don't eat turkey), taters are bought, the pie crusts are in the freezer along with all the pumpkin. All I need to pick up in some yeast for bread (yes, I make my own. No bread machine.), the cranberry jelly (hubby's favorite), and the Stove Top stuffing. I prefer homemade, but the hubby likes Stove-Top, so I buy him a couple of boxes for the holidays.
I've also picked up the ham for Yule and plenty of sugar, flour, powdered sugar, and other goodies for my holiday baking. I have a few new recipes I want to try out this year.
Should I mention that most of my Yule shopping is done? I'm feeling very accomplished at the moment, personally. Professionally, I may be running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but personally, my life is running relatively smoothly.
I also have received news that because of the excellent book sales for Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart, Leap of Faith will be taking it to print in February/March 2013. Yes, I hung my head and cried with joy!
I should have art for Natural Born Enemies in a few weeks. As soon as I have it, I'll post it for you :) 
Alright, since I'm writing this before I leave for school, I'm going to call this blog post good for the day.
Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment