Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Yooper Wonderland


Old Man Winter has finally decided to pay us a visit. We've had about 4 inches of snow on the  ground for a few days, but today...well, Mother Nature decided enough was enough. I don't know, maybe I bitched too much about the cold. Either way, I have a Yooper Wonderland outside. I'm not complaining by any means because I truly love the snow. After that nasty blast of cold we had, I'll take the snow any day of the week. Here's a little video I took about twenty minutes ago. We're supposed to have another 5-8 inches on top of what we already have. 


The dogs love the snow for the most part. Our German Shepherd believes it's her personal job to create (what we call) Weiner Angels. (She's our little Weiner Schnitzel.) Diesel thinks he needs to take Mama for a walk through every inch of snow we have. Jazzy is too old to appreciate the snow and Klondike is indifferent to most everything (she's more like a cat than a dog.)

What I love best is seeing the other critters' footprints in the yard. We've had deer, grey fox, red fox, loads of bunnies, and a few we haven't identified yet. I'm an animal nut! I can (and have) while away a morning watching two little porcupines play at the edge of the woods. They are simply precious to watch. I even caught the grey fox in our firepit one early morning. He was sniffing through our charcoal briquets looking for goodies. I felt bad for him and started leaving him little pieces of hot dog from time to time. 

Well, it's about time to bundle up and take a walk in the Yooper Wonderland that waits for me. (Dogs potty time.) So, I'm off. 

Whatever your weather is like, stay safe! I want to be able to visit with you later on :)

P.S. If money is tight at your house, but you still want to read Natural Born Enemies, I'm giving away two copies at Coffee Time Romance's Contests by the Cup in their forums: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=27935


I also was a part of Coffee Time Romance's Coffee Thoughts blog this week. Because I'm a bit of a ditz, I decided to make it up to readers by offering a copy to one person who leaves a comment on any of my posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment