Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Movie and a Roll of Paper Towels


Last night, I took a break from Life. I grabbed a bucket of popcorn, a bag of cheese curds, and snuggled on the sofa with the hubby. I hadn't watched a movie in ages and we had one from Netflix that had been taunting me since its arrival. I had to give in and watch it.
We Bought a Zoo is an incredible movie. A friend of mine said she went to the theater to see it and I needed to be sure to have some tissues. "Some" tissues. Hell, I needed a roll of Bounty by the time the movie was over, but it was fantastic!
Let me say, I don't watch a lot of movies. Between school and writing, I don't have a lot of time to simply be in the moment. (Sounds horrible, doesn't it?) This one spoke to my heart from the time it was released in theaters and it is one I have been anticipating for a LONG time. I am happy to say I was not disappointed. I laughed and cried and watched this family mend.
With school wrapping up for the summer, I'm going to have a little more free time on my hands. Tell me, what movies have you watched lately that you would highly recommend? Talk to me, darlings:)
*Side note* Don't forget I'm giving away an 18k gold-plated sterling silver necklace. I've fixed the website so you can leave a comment (or you can drop me a line, if you'd prefer).
Plus, I'm Coffee Time Romance's Coffee Write author for May. All you have to do is a) sign up in the forums (add Gemma K. Murray to the referral box for quicker acceptance), then, b) write a line or a paragraph to the story I've begun. Let's see where this ride ends up, shall we?
I'm off to enjoy a rainy day filled with writing:) Book 2 isn't coming together quite like I thought. Damn timelines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment