Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter


It's sunny and 60 degrees here in the gorgeous Upper Peninsula. The trees are budding out and I'm noticing little green sprouts popping up through the leaves in the woods. Spring is beginning to show her presence. We've already been hearing the little yips and howls of coyote pups. There in the woods somewhere. As long as they don't bother me and my canine kids, they're welcome to stay.
There have been some deer tracks in our yard and "my" little gray fox has showed his face every one in awhile. These aren't the ones who live in my woods, but if you've never seen a gray fox, they are quite cute and mischievous.
With my ham and baked beans in the oven, I thought I'd take a moment to wish you all a happy Easter! We're spending Easter as we do any other holiday. In the comfy, quiet of our home with just each other and the canine kids. I did consider buying bunny ears for my Mastiff so he could wish you a "Hoppy Easter!" but decided that the humiliation may be a little much for his fragile ego:)
So instead, I'm going to share a portion of the book I'm working on. I'm new to the whole idea of Six Sentence Sunday, but I'll share a bit of Adam's story for you. Remember this is unedited. Natural Born Enemies is the working title. Here you go:
Adam’s black hair was always in his eyes, but when those piercing green eyes turned my way, I felt my insides melt. A mere glance from the Pierce Pride bad boy sent my heart racing. I would watch him in the halls at school and on the football field. His speed made him the best receiver on the Cedar River Miners. I’d watch him on the side lines palling around with “Bodacious” Bowie Golden. Those two together were enough to make a girl’s panties drop with a simple smile.
What do you think? Are you ready for the next book in the Cedar River series? *grins* Drop me a line and let me know what you think at gemmakmurray@gmail.com. You can always "like" my page on Facebook and leave me a message there. I'm eager to hear from all of you!
Happy Easter from my home to yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment