Saturday, July 7, 2012

Counting My Blessings


"WRITE YOUR TROUBLES IN THE SANDS.
CARVE YOUR BLESSINGS IN STONE."
Yes, I have been trying to do this lately. The troubles outnumber the blessings for the most part, but the blessings far outweigh the trouble.
Grieving has been hard for me to do. I miss my dad every day, but I can't wish him back for anything. His struggle with PTSD was painful to watch, but I did it for the last 20 years. Now, he's at peace and no trouble in the world is worth wishing him back. This post, however, is about blessings so that is what I'm going to focus on.
Blessing Number One- My husband. We've hit a lot of rough spots in the last few years, but we're still standing and fighting. We're stronger than we've ever been and for that, I feel blessed.
Blessing Number Two- My furkids. I probably should give them each a number, but I will simply group all seven of them together. They gave me the opportunity to be a mom and to open my heart.
And it all started with this one-------->
Her name is Kodiak and she is half chow. She is 13 and day by day, I watch her age. It won't be long and it will be her time to cross the Rainbow Bridge. Her brother, Ozzy, will meet her there. She and her two sisters will probably cross at the same time since they are all aging rapidly. However, I've been blessed to have had the few years with them that I have had.
Blessing Number Three- My friends. If you've never heard the song, You Find Out Who Your Friends Are, here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyafQe_2Do This is the prime example of my friends! I am so blessed to have each and every one of them in my life. Some are old friends, some are new friends, some are friends who are as close as they can be without being family, some are the family of my heart.
Blessing Number Four- my fans. Now, you'll find that Blessing 3 and Blessing 4 kind of overlap, but I've been meeting a lot of new people since Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart has been released. I've also heard a lot of good things from these people and it has lifted this woman's confidence in ways you can never imagine. I am blessed!
Blessing Number Five- my publisher and editor- My lovely editor was simply doing me a favor by reading Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart. I had received a few rejection letters and I wanted to know what was wrong with it. My editor read it, edited it, then sent me a contract! She told me she recognized talent and she wasn't going to let me get away:) I am blessed beyond words with these ladies!
*Since Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart was released, it hit Number One on my publisher's best seller list.*
Of course, that pushed me to try to do better for the next book. I signed the contract for Book 2 at the end of June so be on the look out for the release date for that. I also have a HUGE giveaway planned once Book 2 is ready for release.
I've had to keep this to 5 blessings, otherwise, we'd be here for the next week. *grin* So, do yourself a favor: The next time you're feeling down and out, take a moment to count your blessings. It will certainly lift your spirits.
If you feel like sharing, tell me what blessings Life has given you. I'd love to hear what you have to say. If you have a chance (and haven't done it yet), pop over and "Like" my FB page. That is the spot where you'll find out the news for releases, etc. first.
Be sure to carve your blessings in stone!
Blessed Be,

No comments:

Post a Comment