Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Dad


 
As most of you know, my father passed away just after my 40th birthday. Well, today would have been my dad's 63rd birthday. 
This is the first time I won't be able to call him and harass him about being an old man.
This is the first time where I won't be able to promise him a lemon meringue pie when he comes to visit.
It is breaking my heart. I know he's in a better place and I know he's not under the stress he was when he was here. It's only been 5 months and I miss him terribly. I miss his laugh and his voice. I miss his phone calls with goofy questions about my book. I miss hearing how proud he was of me. And his hugs. My dad gave these hugs that would squeeze all the air from you. They were the best!
As I type up this  post, my husband is playing some zombie game on the Kindle and Diesel is handing me his stuffed spider as he wants to play. The characters in my head are still feeding me loads of things to write. My life has gone on in the last 5 months. I haven't been stagnant by any means and that I know would make Dad proud.
I'm healing gradually and that can only take time. I owe a lot to my readers, friends, my FB friends, my husband and canine kids along with my faith are helping me through. I still have bad days and I'm afraid today will be one. I carry the Dr. Suess quote in my heart every day. It says, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
*blows kisses to the wind* Happy Birthday, Dad! 
Love and blessings from my house to yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment