Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Soundtrack for Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart


Music is a HUGE part of my life and always has been. From the time I can remember, there was always music being played. Whether it was Dad's reel to reel, the 8-track player, records, or simply the radio, music enveloped me at a very young age. I can remember singing along with Tanya Tucker's "Delta Dawn" and "What's Your Mama's Name?" before I could understand what the songs were even about.
My love of music only grew. My dad loves to listen to Hank Williams, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, and Hank Snow. My mom, well, her musical influence on me was The Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and The Monkees. My grandpa simply enjoyed any sort of country music. Then there was my grandma. She enjoyed country music, but she also had some records that were different. Grandma gave me the love for the oldies. You know, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Sammy Davis Jr., Tony Bennett, and Dean Martin. Oh boy! I just love listening to them. With so many varieties of music, how could my mind be anything other than open to ALL genres? Then, I married a metal head! He LOVES his metal music and 80s hair bands. What's funny is that over the last 20 years, his music has crept into my music shelf and mine into his. I have everything from Celtic music to Rob Zombie on my Mp3 player. It's quite funny.
So, I wanted to share my playlist with you. These are the songs I listened to as I wrote Bowie and Ana's love story.
Billy Currington- Little Bit Lonely
Billy Currington- Let Me Down Easy
Billy Currington- Everything
Brandi Carlile- The Story
Eden's Edge- Amen
The Dixie Chicks- I'm Not Ready to Make Nice
Eric Clapton- Wonderful Tonight
Eric Clapton- It's In the Way That You Move It
Jake Owen- Barefoot Blue Jean Night
Lady Antebellum- If I Knew Then
Lady Antebellum- Something 'Bout a Woman
Luke Bryan- Do I
Nickelback- Dark Horse (the entire album!)
Snow Patrol- Chasing Cars
Spill Canvas- Our Song
Thompson Square- Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not
Trisha Yearwood- Real Live Woman
Not to mention the nights where I just turned on Pandora radio and let  it play as I typed away.
Now, you can see where my head was as I wrote. The 2nd book in the Cedar River series (which I'm working on now) has a heavy Celtic Thunder playlist. I have no idea why, but it works.
Have a Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment