Sunday, January 20, 2013

Heather Geoffries and The Nordic Prince

I have been so blessed to meet the people I have met on this journey. They lift me up when I'm feeling down and help me out when I'm in a bind. But mostly, it is a support group who will share their experiences and allow you to vent when things just aren't going right.

Heather Geoffries is one of those special people. She is a brand-new shiny author. Her story is on my list of must-buys when it's released. I can hardly wait. 

Everyone, give Heather a HUGE welcome!


     Why did you choose to write the genre you write? I couldn’t resist the draw of newly discovered love and lust.

      What do you do when you’re not writing? What don’t I do? Hehe. I am a full time mom and housekeeper  to two precocious little girls, I am a full time wife to my knight-in-shining-armor-who farts occasionally, I am a full time student (I’m a Junior) at KSU,  I am a reviewer for 2 book reviewing companies. I live close to my family and spend time with them and I like to write for myself and my writing group M.U.S.E(most underappreciated super egos) in my free time.
*Another very busy lady!*

     Do you control the story as you write or do your characters run the show? The characters always drive. I don’t think they trust me to get them to the destination safely. :D They are very pushy. *I completely understand that feeling.*
    
     Are you a plotter or a pantser? *sigh* I’m a pantser. I try to get organized but after the initial getting to know the characters and basic outline my Muse grabs me and pulls me where he wishes.
       Do you listen to music as you write? If so, can you tell us a few of your must-haves? I sometimes listen to music depending on my mood and my story’s mood. Mostly I love the sound of silence after the wee ones go to bed but occasionally the characters like some romantic songs(it’s like being at a wedding reception on those days) and sometimes they like something with a beat.(ie. Pink, Lincoln Park, and club versions of some of my favorite musicals. J)
*Quiet? What is this quiet of which you speak?*

    When you’re writing do you have to have certain items? A particular pen, a certain drink, snacks, etc. Coffee. Um…Coffee, oh yeah and coffee. heh

   Is there a certain time of the day when you write more? Morning, afternoon, late night? I want to be that morning writer but sadly, the best time is at night when not a creature is stirring. I’ve stayed up until 4 before knowing the kiddies will wake me at 8. Ugh! Not the best game plan for sure.

   If you weren’t an author, what would you be? Currently I’m working on my bachelors in Psychology then I’ll continue until I get my PHD.
*Oh so, you're not only beautiful and talented, you're ubersmart. Geesh!* *G*

   What books/authors do you read to entertain yourself? I read a lot of books during the month but there are a few I seek out for pleasure:  Jim Butcher’s Dresden files, Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, Kim Harrison’s Hollow’s, Charlain Harris’s Southern Vampire novels(the books that True Blood is based off of), Anything, Laurell K. Hamilton, Virginia Nelson(The rainbow haired one), Saranna DeWylde, Heather Long and now Gemma K. Murray.
*blushing*

 What are you working on now/next? Anything new we can expect from you? I recently submitted a sequel to Nordic Prince about his sister Amanda. I’m still waiting to hear back. If they like that one, I have at least one more sequel to that. Right now I’m working on a 1 night Stand short for Decadent Publishing where the main female protagonist gets one chance to make things right with her husband before he’s killed in a car crash. On the side I’m also playing with a couple unfinished shorts I wrote for my M.U.S.E meeting.

   Any advice you would pass on to future authors? Is it too cliché to say: Just Do It? I’ve been writing for fun for years but I doubted my ability and was too scared to submit it. Then a friend of mine saw potential and help me smooth out my story and demanded I submit it. lol.  The rest they say is history. There is also the wisdom of Dori: Just keep swimming(or writing)
*It's one of those things that I think needs to be repeated.*


*What a gorgeous cover!*

Blurb
When Doctor Steven Mills is dragged onto The Nordic Prince for fun in the sun by his sister, Amanda, he is certain he will be miserable. Until he meets Erik.
Erik is fun, exciting and just what the doctor ordered. Some drinks and dancing with him are more enticing to Steven than any date he’s gone on with women. Before long, the two escape the busy dance floor for the quiet—and private—spa where Eric works on Steven’s body with very skilled hands. Steven is overcome with an onslaught of new emotions and sensations and has the best sexual experience of his life.
Now Steven must wrestle with new feelings and desires and make a decision that could change his life forever.

Excerpt-
Steven looked on with curiosity.  “What are you…?”
With two long strides Erik was by his side, his lips closed over Steve’s, momentarily silencing any further words. 
Erik probed Steve’s lips with his warm tongue.  Lust kindled earlier exploded into an inferno of complete hunger, which threatened to consume his impulse to resist. 
Lightly touching Steve’s face, Erik gazed at him.  “I have wanted to do that all night.”
Steve’s will reasserted itself once more. He backed away a step.  Feeling very confused, he tried to articulate the war that raged within his heart.  “I can’t.  You’re …It isn’t…” 
Like a sensual panther, Erik stalked toward Steve’s retreating form, backing him against a wall.  Growling with an animalistic lust, “I want you.”  Erik’s mouth descended on Steve’s neck, licking and nipping, causing a pure desire, which had him moaning once again. 
Surrendering, Steve’s arms wrapped around Erik pulling him closer of their own accord.

*Sigh* I love having such talented friends, but they are so wicked! They share these incredible blurbs and excerpts, then I have to wait until the book is released! *smile* I know my heart is beating a little faster after this :D

Now for some fun:

Which Goddess best defines you? My internal personality won’t let me be a Goddess but maybe I could be a Titan—Maybe Chronos.
Favorite Dessert? Chocolate
Chocolate or Vanilla? Um…heh *see above*
Coffee, tea, soda, or water? *see above*
Do you have a favorite character? Your own or others and why? I have many-for many reasons but I will go with: Janie Smith and Chance from Virginia Nelson’s “Odd Stuff” series. Janie is a klutz and a bit naïve at times which keeps me rolling with laughter at her antics and Chance is Electric and passionate and…mmm…*drools*Pretty much walking sex and power. 

*I just downloaded Odd Stuff. I've got to wait to read it though.*
Can you tell people where they can find you online?





I want to tell Heather thank you for stopping by and visiting with us. Be sure to check out her links and The Nordic Prince when it comes out. 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too. It is just what I wanted.
    and thank you Gemma--you always say the nicest things. *blushes*
    I had so much fun with this interview!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie- Isn't a gorgeous?

    Heather- I only speak the truth :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're welcome back anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nordic Prince sounds like such a great read! Good luck and I agree with your advice. Just keep writing!

    ReplyDelete