Friday, January 18, 2013

Social Media and the Downfall of Gemma K.

Until 5 years ago, I didn't have a computer. I had to travel into town to visit the library if I needed information. Looking back, I'm not sure exactly what I did with my time without a computer. LOL

Now, I have a desktop, a laptop, my husband's laptop, a Kindle Fire, and an iPad. It's like a disease. Technology runs our lives and it is damn scary.

When the computer came to our house, it was old, but it worked. We got it hooked up and I vowed to stay away from social media. I caved and joined Facebook because my family is spread all over the country. It was a really cool way to keep up with the events of their lives and see their pictures.

Now, I'm published and I've become a social media 'ho. I went from having one Facebook page for my personal stuff to having 3 FB pages (personal, professional, book series) plus I'm admin on 2 other FB pages. PLUS, you have to figure in my Pinterest page, my Goodreads page, my website, Google+, this blog, and Twitter

Today, a friend asked if anyone was on the new Myspace. *sigh* She lured me to the dark side with the promise of booze and chocolate. Yes, I've now added Myspace to my list of social media haunts.

*steps up to podium and taps the mic* Good evening, my name is Gemma K. Murray and I'm a social media whore! 

I cannot believe how much my life has changed in the last few years, but 2012 changed my life in so many ways. The evil of social media has invaded my life and has taken over. I'm going to have to get out the whips and chair so I can back the evil into a corner. I need to learn how to control IT and not let it control ME.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, come looking for me...I may need to be rescued!

No comments:

Post a Comment