Saturday, December 10, 2016

Musical Memories

If you've been following me for any length of period, you know that music has always been a big part of my life. And you're also aware that the holidays aren't necessarily my favorite times of the year. However, I promised to let you a little further into my world by showing you the holiday music that means a lot to me.

This song used to play on the local radio station when I was a kid. I remember thinking how silly it was to want Santa to deliver a hippo. Eventually, the radio station stopped playing it. I hadn't heard it in years until I was sitting at a gas station in Pennsylvania, waiting on my then-husband. This song came on and I was all smiles when my childhood made a brief reappearance.


Yes, I'm a little silly. I'm also very wicked and dark. This next song is the perfect example of that. This is a song that was on a CD my then-husband had. I remember him getting the CD and playing me some of the songs. This one stuck out because it made me laugh. Yes, the hysterical belly laugh which shows the twisted sense of humor that resides inside of my cold black heart.



This is the beginning of a fun couple of weeks as I bring you some of the favorite music of the holiday season...at least, in my world. You'll see the silly, the dark and twisted, the serious, the tear-jerkers, and the love that filled my life.

I hope you enjoy the journey I am going to take you on! Hang on and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment