Friday, December 21, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I was tagged by my friend and new brand-new author, Heather Geoffries, to be part of The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Here is my post for The Next Big Thing, Natural Born Enemies!!

                                             

1). What is the working title of your book?- Natural Born Enemies

2) Where did the idea for this book come from?- This entire series started with a dream. From this dream came Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart. When I finished Keeper, it seemed as if there were more to be written. This is where Natural Born Enemies comes in. 

3) What genre category does your book fall into?-Urban fantasy/paranormal romance

4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in the movie rendition?-Gilles Marini as Adam Thomas and Catherine Zeta Jones as Luna McIntyre.

5) What is the one sentence synopsis for your story?-Sometimes change opens the door for love to blossom and grow, even if it the second time around.


6) Will your novel be self-published or represented by an agency?-Natural Born Enemies will be published by Leap of Faith Publishing.

7) How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?- About 3 months
 
8) What other novels would you compare this book to within your genre?- I'm still in disbelief that I'm a published author. I have a hard time even thinking of comparing myself to those who have been doing this for a longer period of time.

9) Who or what inspired you to write this novel?- The men in my life, my husband and dad. They encouraged me to write from my heart and believe in myself.

10) What else about your novel might pique the reader's interest?-If you like a series where the books can stand alone, yet still contain characters you've grown fond of when you've read the other books in the series, then the Cedar River series may just be the series for you.


Cedar River, Michigan is a wonderful place to fall in love. Some people see change as a good thing, but there are a few others who can’t let go of the “old ways.” “Breeds should stay within their breeds,” they say.
Adam Thomas is the deputy sheriff in Cedar River. His black puma shifter side got him released from the military and sent back home. His demons followed, but they are nothing compared to the ones within his pride.
Luna McIntyre is the only daughter and shaman to the McIntyre pack. She is tired of being smothered and told what to do in regards to her life. She’s opened a sweet shop and moved forward with her life. However, the love of her teen years is back in town and her family is trying to rein her in again.
Someone in this small town is so set in their beliefs that they can’t see how love is sometimes simply love. Cats and canines may be natural born enemies, but love may be enough to get past the differences.

Excerpt:

I’ll never forget the first look I got of Adam. He wore his bad attitude like a well-worn pair of jeans. Gods, I wanted to be the woman to tame his wild side. The anger radiated off him in waves, but I knew in my heart that he was simply hurting.
Every year since I could remember, the pack and the pride would lay aside their differences and would help with the clearing of downed trees in the woods between the two lands. Roman Pierce recruited Adam to help. He was a young and able body. His lanky muscles bunched and relaxed with each piece of wood he tossed into the waiting trailers. My mouth still waters at that memory. Then, Adam got arrested. My dad warned me to stay away from Adam, but there was something about that young man. I started to make excuses to go into town with my girlfriends in hopes of catching his eye.
“He’s nothing but bad news, Luna,” my friend, Maria, said.
“If that’s what bad news looks like, you can deliver it to me every day,” was my reply.
Adam’s black hair was always in his eyes, but when those piercing green eyes turned my way, I felt my insides melt. A mere glance from the Pierce Pride bad boy sent my heart racing. I would watch him in the halls at school and on the football field. His speed made him the best receiver on the Cedar River Miners. I’d watch him on the side lines palling around with “Bodacious” Bowie Golden. Those two together were enough to make a girl’s panties drop with a simple smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment