Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Share Some Smoldering Nights with Lisa Carlisle


This is a brand-new book from a wonderful author. Lisa Carlisle is another author I met through MFRW and I cannot wait to introduce you to her as well.
Tell us a little bit about yourself- (
Well, I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was in the sixth grade when I discovered how much I loved fiction writing exercises. All through school, I spent my time writing stories in class when I should have been paying attention. I wrote adventures about my friends and I went on and then getting the guys we wanted in the end. ;)
For many years, I’ve focused on nonfiction, writing articles, travel pieces, memoirs, and so on. I tried fiction, but gave up on many stories I’d started. Now with Smoldering Nights and the other books in this series, something clicked. I started writing stories that I’d like to read instead of what I thought the general population would like. I LOVE the characters and setting. I can’t wait to finish up my daily responsibilities so I can spend time writing. Ideas keep coming to me wherever I go, so much so that I have to prioritize what I’m going to work on and when.
My family is very supportive of me. While I used to be very private when writing a story and not showing it to anyone until I’m done, I’m finding that running ideas by my husband helps me figure out problems in advance. My mom, sister, and friends have always been supportive as well, although I’m not sure I’m ready for them to read the racy parts. ;)


Blurb-
Nike loves visiting the goth club Vamps—she can exchange her firefighter uniform for a slinky fantasy outfit. There she runs into the man she’d been admiring from afar at a rock climbing gym. He’s been the star of all her sexual fantasies, so is it any wonder they end up in his private room upstairs? Just when things begin to heat up, Michel’s enemies appear.
Only Michel isn’t an ordinary mortal. And someone from his past is on the hunt for vengeance. Michel and Nike are forced on the run and hide out in a coastal cottage in Maine. They can’t resist their attraction and spend the nights exploring each others’ bodies while trying to sort out how they feel about each other. Can they overcome their differences to be together? And how will they evade the predators who are chasing them?

Excerpt- You can read an excerpt here at http://www.jasminejade.com/p-10271-smoldering-nights.aspx
I am meeting so many incredible authors and my TBB list keeps growing and growing:)
Now for some fun:
Ten Tantalizing Teasers-
Plotter or Pantser? I’ve tried plotting, but found out I’m a panster.  (Me, too, Lisa. Plotting never pans out for me.)
Which Goddess best defines you? I’ve always thought Athena is pretty awesome. 
Favorite Dessert? A sweet dessert wine paired with chocolate.
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
Favorite scent? Flowers
Coffee, tea, soda, or water? Tough call, but I’ll say tea
Do you have to set the mood to write? If so, how? Music always helps. But I like writing at a café while drinking coffee and using my Netbook without Internet. 
Do you have a favorite character? Why? Oh, so many. Heathcliff comes to mind. I like the dark brooding type. I’ve also loved Darth Vader and Dracula since I can remember. (There is something to be said about dark and brooding *grin*)
Morning, afternoon, evening, or late night writer? Hmm, I write at all those times. Late morning in a café is best. But if I have to wait until the kids get to bed, then it’s later at night with music and a glass of wine or Amaretto.
If you weren’t writing, what would be your occupation? I’ve tried so many jobs in my life trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up, which is being a writer. But how about something in the travel industry, even though I’ve already worked in it for a brief period. ;)
Thank you, Lisa, for stopping by to share Smoldering Nights with us! For those of you who can't wait to pick it up, Smoldering Nights is available today from Ellora's Cave:)

No comments:

Post a Comment